Homogenizers for loose materials
Vertical homogenizers (planetary mixers “NAUTAMIX”) PHARMIX series HV 50 – HV 5000 have been a significant and marketing successful segment of PHARMIX production program for several decades.
It is a mixing machine used for mixing of loose and powdery mixtures in chemical, pharmaceutical, food, feed and other industries.
Homogenizer designs can be divided into the following groups:
- Above standard
- LOOSE – without supporting the screw agitator
- ATEX certified – they are designed
for operation in potentially explosive atmospheres
Basic characteristics and advantages:
HV 50 – 100
|Type||Operating volume [l]||Height (A) [mm]||Total height (B) [mm]||Diameter (C) [mm]||Motor [kW]||Total height [kg]|
HV 200 – 2000
|Typ||Pracovní objem [l]||Výška (A) [mm]||Celková výška (B) [mm]||Průměr (C) [mm]||Motor [kW]||Hmotnost [kg]|
HV 3000 – 5000
|Type||Operating volume [l]||Height (A) [mm]||Total height (B) [mm]||Diameter (C) [mm]||Motor [kW]||Weight [kg]|
As a standard, we produce homogenizers with a working volume of 50 – 5000 l. The principle of homogenization is based on the simultaneous effect of a pair of kinematic movements – rotational and spherical. The rotating screw agitator by its movement carries and transports the mixed medium from the bottom to the upper part of the conical vessel of the homogenizer. Under the action of gravity, the up-taken material slides into the lower part of the conical vessel, from where it is again carried upwards. At the same time, the screw agitator is carried by a rotating arm along the inner conical wall of the vessel. This compound kinematic motion causes the mixing and shifting of the medium. The result of these movements is a fast and intense mixing.
Materials used: AISI 304 (1.4301) or AISI 316L (1.4404)
The STANDARD design includes the following parameters:
- homogenizer vessel, screw agitator and top covers are made of stainless steel of AISI 304 (1.4301) quality
- the arm, drive, beam and gearbox are made of carbon steel in combination with grey cast iron
- surface treatment – Parts in contact with the product are ground including welds with an abrasive grain of 180 grit. The outer surface of the vessel, gearbox, engine and beam are painted.
- for emptying the mixed product, the homogenizer is equipped with a manual “butterfly” outlet
- all-stainless steel homogenizer design
- parts in contact with the product from AISI 316L
- ground or polished surface (up to Ra <0,2 μm)
- surface in contact with the product with the application of surface layers
- screw agitator coated with carbide or ceramic composite (CHESTERTON) for mixing of highly abrasive mixtures
- liquid injection equipment for injecting of liquids into the mixture
- CIP unit for cleaning the working area
- double-jacketed design of the vessel with pressure duplicator for heating/cooling of the mixed medium
- vessel equipped with an inspection opening
- vessel provided with strain gauge weighing
- loose bearing of the screw agitator (HV 50 – 1000)
- discharging outlet valve with pneumatically operated sliding knife
Design of homogenizers without the support of the screw agitator / loose design.
- It is a special custom-made design of a homogenizer according to the specific customer needs, where the supporting of the screw agitator by the base bearing is not desirable.
- It is used, for example, for mixing of heavy metal powders intended for welding. Another use is in the pharmaceutical industry.
- It is produced up to the working volume of 1000 litres.
Design of homogenizers for potentially explosive areas.
- We cooperate with the PHYSICAL TECHNICAL TESTING INSTITUTE, which is listed as a notified body No. 1026. 1026.
- We offer the design of the vertical homogenizer for dust explosion hazards according to Directive No. 2014/34/EU (NV 116/2016 Coll.) and EN 80079-36:2016, EN 890079-37:2016.
- The inside environment of the homogenizer is classified into zone 21, the outside environment into zone 22.
- The following ignition protections are applied:
- Protection by safe construction “c”
- Protection of monitoring of initiation sources “b”
- Homogenizer marking:
II 2/3D Ex h IIIB T 200 °C Db/Dc
- It is possible to offer the design of homogenizers with a different classification of environment. For detailed information, please contact our Sales Department.
- As an example, we mention the FTZÚ 18 ATEX 0095X certificate for the HV 2000 homogenizer – the inside environment is classified into zone 20, the outside environment is classified into zone 22.